Monday, May 30, 2011

Working for the weekend

This summer I have an internship with a catering company working weddings.  I am learning a lot about food service and catering and weddings.  I also have the coolest boss who remains calm even when things go wrong.  I hope I can pick this up from her.  She is truly amazing at what she does!

Plus I will get a lot of free flowers
These are from last night.  Check out how dense the petals are.  The brides Mom was so cute- she came back to bring them us.  Telling us how much she appreciated how hard we worked and that she thought we needed some flowers.

The best part is getting to go to all the weddings.  I AM a GIRL after all :)  Is is bad that my go to kill time website is J Crew wedding? 


Saturday I worked from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m.  and Sunday I worked 12 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.  If you have ever worked in catering you know you spend that whole time running around on your feet.  I think I sat down both nights for about 20 minutes.

As you know, the blood pooled in my feet and ankles.  I needed a way to quickly refresh the blood but a run sounded awful.  SO I devised a two step plan to help things out.

Step one: go for a walk.  Today i drug my dog up and down country roads for 4.5 miles to refresh the blood in my ankles and feet.

Step Two: and this is key- yoga!  Yoga stretches out all the muscles I used and uses all the muscles I didn't.

I've devised this plan to make it possible to recover quickly, seeing as we don't have a lot of down time between weddings.

Happy Memorial day- have a great week!  Back to biochem

No comments:

Post a Comment