Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dark Greens, Whole Grains, and Legumes

First off!  I did very well on my biochem test!  YEH!  I'm doing the happy girl dance.
Breakfast my friends was one of my favorites

about 1/3 of a banana and a 3/4 cup of kashi go lean
Note:  I LOVE kashi go lean!  First I was a kashi go lean crunch girl and then I switched and I like Kashi go lean even better.  It's the slight sweetness with the whole grains that I LOVE!


SECOND!  We started studying coenzymes - aka vitamins!  How cool is that.  I love this stuff.  It's very relevant for my future!

What I learned today- Did you know that vitamins are needed in our body so our enzymes can work.  The different vitamins bind with different enzymes and work thought out our body to help us get work done.  This is the best way I can explain things without getting overly scientific.

As we went over all of the different vitamins my professor stopped us at one point (his wife is an RD) and pointed out that almost all of the vitamins had one thing in common.  They can be found in dark green leafy vegetables, whole grains, and legumes.

While at the gym I planned my lunch from this inspiration.  I present

Spinach, legumes, and pasta (basically leftovers from dinner the other night on a salad).  I'm not a dressing girl but I am a lover of salsa so I use it as dressing.  


I was still missing some whole grains so I added in some leftover pita from last night


Well folks.  I'm gonna do a little reading and maybe close my eyes for a few minutes.  The test this week took a lot out of me.  I hope all these vitamins help :)

OH and a great break for the afternoon.  Todays My last day with the kids I babysit.  We are headed to Great Harvest!  I love knowing I have an amazing snack coming

Makes me think of Kath.  However, I've LOVED Great Harvest since my Freshman year of high school- 8 years ago.  But that is for another day

No comments:

Post a Comment