Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Crazy Ellie's

Afternoon Study Skim Latte



In undergrad our favorite place to crash was Crazy Bowls and Wraps (CBW).  It's a chain found only in the Saint Louis area (and according the the web page California).  We loved the warm healthy real food, good radio stations, people who came in and out, and the iced tea.  We would sit there for hours and went to celebrate birthdays and support each other through break ups.  I can't tell you the hours we spent in that place.



It's one of the things I miss about STL.  While I know it was really the company that made the place the food was also amazing.

Tonight I was really craving it so I picked up some Crazy bowl like ingredients and made my own




red cabbage, broccoli, edamame, tofu, and bulgar


with this on top
Peanut sauce from Schnucks.  Tasted really good but was really hard to get out of the bottle.  I had to let  it sit upside down while I showered.

Now if only I could have my crazy bowl company :(

A few hours latter I wanted a simple snack to serve as dessert and also to get a little extra Calcium. Growing up we always drank milk with dinner but now that I don't do that I use dessert as a time to help out my bones

1 cup Pomegranate Kefir with a little kashi go lean sprinkled on top.  I hope my gut and bones are happy

No comments:

Post a Comment