Sunday, November 28, 2010

slow and steady

SO I'll get to the title but first I'd like to show you some pictures I took today.  One of my teachers explained to us that having a food portfolio is a good thing for a RD to have.  This way if we ever decide to to any catering I have examples of what I can cook

Today I decided to tackle Cinnamon Rolls




Yeah I know, not bad huh!  If you want the recipe it can be found at




Okay so today one of my best friends came into town.  Twas wonderful to see her.  Talked for about 5 hours straight. You know you have a best friend when you can talk for 5 hours and still feel like you didn't cover everything.  

One thing we talked about was how our weight has gone up over the last few months.  For me, it's been over the last three to four years.  Recently though, I've started to be uncomfortable in my weight.  While it's only about 10 to 15 lbs it is just uncomfortable.  I'm actually a healthy weight, just not a comfortable weight.

However, the weight should not come off quickly but in fact very slowly.  I have to attend a wedding in March so I have decided that is my goal.  I don't want to make huge changes.  Just watch my snacking and late night eating.  Also to keep track of my weight and keep a basic food journal.  I'd like to up my exercise a little but not a lot.  Everything needs to be slow and steady

No comments:

Post a Comment